Depart Nankai Namba station for Gokurakubashi by train, non-reserved seating (90mins). Then, take local bus (non-reserved seat) for Koyasan Station (5mins).
Remarks: Before boarding the Nankai Electric Railway, go to the Nankai Information Center and pick up your train and bus tickets and discount admission coupon.
Sightseeing at Mt Koya
Participants are free to explore the different temples, pagoda towers and Buddha statues. Admire the heartland of Mt Koya, Danjogaran and visit Okunoin (mauseoleum of Kukai).
Japanese-style vegetarian lunch at Henjoko-in Temple or Ekoin Temple or Tentoku-in Temple
NOTE: The location for lunch will be written on the itinerary sent to you by the day before the tour. Lunch will be reserved at a set time, so please do not be late.
After lunch, continue tour on your own. Explore the rest of the sights with the Koyasan bus pass
When your sightseeing is finished, make your own way to Koyasan station for the return trip back to Nankai Namba station via Gokurakubashi.
【 Remarks 】
* Information on how to pick up your train tickets, the itinerary and an English map will be sent to your accommodation location the day before the start of tour. Please
advise address of accommodation in Japan before and after the tour.
* Before boarding the Nankai Electric Railway, go to the Nankai Information Center and pick up your tickets. Opening times are 9:00am – 8:00pm.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you do not pick up your tickets from Nankai Information Centre, you will be unable to do the tour
* Participants are free to choose their desired train departure times. However, additional fees will be required for limited express trains (JPY 780/Adult, JPY 390/Child).
* Lunch is reserved at a set time, so please do not be late.
* It is recommended to bring warm clothing as temperature at Mt. Koya is about 8 degrees Celsius lower than in Kyoto and Osaka.