3:00am – 5:00am (120mins)
Mt Fuji Summit and mountain crater
Enjoy the most amazing view of the sunrise from the summit at 3,776 metres and walk around the crater with a guide (90 mins).
5:00am – 9:00am (160mins)
Group starts to descend via Yoshida Trail towards Lake Kawaguchiko.
9:00am – 11:30am (150mins)
Mt Fuji Lake Kawaguchi 5th station
Mountain climbing tour ends upon arrival at 5th station. Please retrieve any baggage and board the bus for Yamanaka Onsen.
12:30pm – 3:00pm (150mins)
Lake Yamanaka Onsen, Benifuji-no-Yu
Enjoy a relaxing soak in the open-air bath and soothe your tired muscles with natural hot spring water.
18:00 – 19:00
Tour disbands near JR Shinjuku Station West Exit.
Please return to your next accommodation on your own.
<< REMARKS >>
* The elevation at the 5th station is about 2,300m, and 3,000m at the 7th station where the tour will shortly rest to sleep. The peak of the mountain is at an altitude of about 3,500m, where the temperature often falls under 5°C, and the temperature difference between the 5th station and the peak is sometimes more than 15°C. Take precautions for cold weather by dressing appropriately.
* Take precautions to avoid altitude sickness, which can occur as the air thins at high altitude, such as getting enough sleep the night before the tour, and repeatedly check your physical condition while climbing.
* The purpose of this course is to see the sunrise from Mt. Fuji, so all participants will climb to a mountain hut accommodation above the 7th station on the first day. Participants may be unable to see the sunrise from the mountain due to weather or crowding on the mountain path, but please understand that these will not be accepted as reasons for a refund.
* Generally the tour will be carried out even in the case of rain, but in the case of bad weather at Mt. Fuji the guides will determine whether to halt the tour with first consideration to safety. Also, the above times, climbing time, route, and arrival times may vary greatly depending on weather and crowding conditions.
* An English interpreter guide will accompany you throughout the entire tour, and a mountain climbing guide (speaking Japanese only) will also accompany you from the 5th station to the peak and back.
* This is a shared tour with Japanese tourists. An English-speaking guide will accompany Sunrise Tours customers.
* The mountain hut accommodation consists of a mixed men's and women's room with bunkbeds, and less than 1 mat of space per person (about 1m by 2m). There are no bathing-facilities at the mountain hut, and non-flushing Japanese-style toilets are available outside.
* If you are late for the 2nd day departure from Mt. Fuji Lake Kawaguchi 5th Station (around 11:30, to be determined on the 2nd day of the tour), you will be responsible for the transportation costs to your next destination.
* There is no vegetarian option for dinner on the 1st day or breakfast on the 2nd day. Those with dietary restrictions should prepare and bring their meals for mountain climbing. Dinner on the 1st day is hamburg steaks, and breakfast on the 2nd day is 2 pieces of inarizushi (rice wrapped in fried tofu). Participants can order additional drinks and food at the mountain hut at their own expense.
* Children 5 years and under cannot participate in this tour. Those between 6 and 15 years old must be accompanied by someone 20 years old or older. Those between 16 and 19 may participate by themselves if an agreement form signed by their parent or guardian is received by us within 4 days before the tour.
* Mountain accident insurance is not included in this tour. (Customers of non-Japanese nationality are unable to enroll in Japanese mountain accident insurance.) We recommend customers enroll in overseas travel insurance before leaving their country.
* The tour may be cancelled if the minimum number of participants is not met within 21 days prior to the tour.
* According to Yamanashi prefecture ordinance, persons with tattoos are prohibited from bathing in hot springs.